Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Leak causes explosion, fire at home under construction

By Katie Lange  
DEALE, Md. —Fire officials in Anne Arundel County said a leaking propane system caused an explosion and fire at a home in Deale on Thursday morning.
County fire crews were called to the home in the 600 block of East Marshall Avenue shortly before 8:30 a.m. after getting several calls about an explosion. Crews found heavy fire throughout a two-story single-family home that was still under construction.
About 55 firefighters were needed to bring the two-alarm fire under control, which took about an hour, officials said. No injuries were reported.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and that the explosion was caused by a leaking propane system.